English with Vyara form Christmas to spring
1) nouns: house, room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, fridge, sofa, cooker, television, bed, toilet, bath, shower, stairs, upstairs, downstairs, roof, garden, inside, outside, tree
2) prepositions of place: on, in, under; outside, inside
Grammar: Where’ s the …?/ In the … (room) / Is in the … (room)?
- Different objects and characters are put into different rooms in a toy house/ a large picture of one and the children ask and answer
Where’ s the …? à In the … (room)
Is in the … (room)? à Yes, it is/ No, it isn’t
- The children point different rooms orname them as teacher points to each other
- Guessing game: Where is Ronny? à Hi is in the bedroom/ bathroom/ kitchen/ living room
- To place different objects in the correctpositions in relation to furniture and house.
- Practise numbers form 1 to1 10
- Swapping places
- Running game
- Memory matching
- What’s missing
Songs: I’ve got a house
Vocabulary: season, spring, summer, autumn, winter, favourite, I love, I like, because, flowers, sun, rain, snow, hot, sunny, raining, snowing, cold, cloudy, sky, windy.
Grammar: It’s … (hot, cold, cloudy, sky, windy etc. )
Are you hot or cold?
How are you feeling? à I’m hot/cold/ happy/sad etc.
Ex.1: What’s the weather like today?
- It’s hot.
- It’s sunny.
- It’s cold.
- It’s raining.
- It’s snowing.
Ex.2: What colour is the sky today?
- The sky is blue today.
- The sky is gray today.
- The children start to say what the weather is like pointing the poster of different kind of weather.
- As part of the daily routine the children start to say what the weather is like.
Guessing games: I’m mime.
Song: What’s the weather like today?
Can you say?
Can you say?
It’s sunny … today.
It’s hot, It’s hot today.
It’s raining … today.
It’s snowing … today.
If you are happy and you know it
The sky is blue today.
I like the rain.
Vocabulary: season, spring, summer, autumn, winter, favourite
Q: What’s the season?
A: It’s spring/ summer/ autumn/ winter.
Q: What’s your favourite season?
A: My favourite season is …
A: Because I love flowers (for spring)
Because I love sun (for summer)
Because I love rain (for autumn)
Because I love snow (for winter)
Q: What’s Erlina’s favourite season?
A: Erlina’s favourite season is spring.
Q: What’s Woody’s favourite season?
A: Woody’s favourite season is summer.
Q: What’s Alvin’s favourite season?
A: Alvin’s favourite season is autumn.
Q: Q: What’s Frosty’s favourite season?
A: Frosty’s favourite season is winter.
Song: My favourite season
Vocabulary: apple, pear, plum, strawberry, orange, lemon, banana, carrot, potato, tomato, pepper, grapes, fruit, vegetables, hungry, cake, biscuit, sandwich, chocolate
Grammar: I like …; I don’t like … ; Do you like …?
- Make an imaginary fruit salad withthe kids.
- The children point different fruit/ vegetables orname them as teacher points to each other. Saying “Do you like apples” and answering “No, I don’t / Yeas, I do.”
Games: “Red, red blue”
- What is yellow
- Five red apples hanging on a tree.
- Who made apples?
Story: The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- nouns: head, shoulders, knees, toes, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, arm, leg, hand, finger, feet
- phrases: shake your head; bend your knees; clap your hands; stamp your feet; wiggle your fingers; shrug your shoulders; stand up, sit down; count your fingers – numbers from 1 to five
- possessive pronouns: my, your
- Where’ s …?
Activities: Total physical response – children are doing actions, following the teacher’s example to begin with
Games: Simon says … touch your head/ tummy/ eyes/ ears etc.
- Head and shoulders
- Hand upon your head
- I have two, eyes, two ears, one nose
- Clap hands, follow me
- I’m a little bear my name is Teddy…